Mrs. Dog's Recipes
Mrs. Dog’s Crispy Jerked Chicken Wings
This recipe works well on all chicken parts.
• 5 lbs. chicken wings
• 5 tablespoons olive or canola oil
• 5 tablespoons Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade
• 2 cups finely grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix oil and jerk. Add wings. Mix and marinate overnight, if possible. The longer you marinate the chicken, the spicier it will taste. Add cheese and mix well or, if you’ve got time, put the cheese into a bowl and roll each wing in it.
2. Bake on greased sheet pan at 375° for about 40 minutes, turning once if necessary.
These are wonderful cooked in advanced and reheated!
Mrs. Dog’s Pork Tenderloin
• 1 pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon per 1.5 lbs. of meat
• 1/4 cup orange juice
1. Place tenderloin, jerk and juice in a plastic resealable bag. Marinate 2-24 hours. Remember: the LONGER the HOTTER....
2. Either grill as is, direct method; OR cut tenderloin into Oreo-width pieces and sauté in a non-stick skillet in 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil until cooked through.
• 2 lbs. boneless pork
• 1 cup lime juice
• 1/4 cup Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk
• 2 oz. darkest rum
• skewers, soaked in water, if wooden
1. Trim & cube meat. Combine with above ingredients in a Ziploc type bag and mix well.
2. Refrigerate 3-24 hours; remember, the longer you marinate it the hotter it gets....
3. Thread meat on skewers and grill over a hot fire until done.
We always fix this when we’re on vacation in the islands. It is also a great way to prepare fish, but reduce your marinating time to 1/2 to 2 hours.